Huawei has come up with a new phone from its sub-brand Honor which is Honor 8X. It has just started a few months in September 2018. I would like to give an overview of the features of this smartphone. At the front, the Honor 8X has a magnificent 6.50 "LCD screen which has a resolution of 1080 × 2340 pixels and 396 PPI. It is equipped with a powerful Hisilicon Octa-core at 2.2 GHz Kirin 710 processor. He has a 4GB RAM with an internal storage capacity of 64 GB with an expandable slot for up to 256 GB.
With regard to the camera, at the back, it is one of Double camera configuration that has slowly become a standard standard nowadays. Besides, there is a 16 MP facing the road selfie camera. The device is powered by a 3750 mAh battery, enough to last more than a day.
Apparently, having Honor 8X is a problem, it's not really a problem to be fair. Huawei no longer allows you to unlock the boot loader on your devices. So, finally, you can not root your device anymore. Well, for experienced users, rooting their device is important enough if you want to try a custom ROM. It's the beauty of owning an Android smartphone.
To have: Honor devices with the updated Android Pie (EMUI 9)
In a tangible way, if you own the Honor 8X and you still want to install your device, there is a way around the problem and it is not free. Yes, you will have to pay the price. Not metaphorically speaking, but that's the only way because you can not change the boot image of an Android device without the boot loader being unlocked.
Buy a boot loader unlock code
As the Chinese giant does not allow unlocking of the boot loader, you will have to rely on third party services. Third-party services offer the unlock the codes for a price. It's pretty simple, no rocket science. These third-party services are sufficiently trustworthy. So do not worry about fraud.
Do not consider it a guarantee certificate from us; we are not responsible for it. You can purchase the unlock codes from the services listed below; you can choose what best suits your needs. All you have to do is simply provide them with the IMEI number. of your device.
System Requirements to Unlock the Bootloader
- First of all, you will need HiSuite Huawei installed, will ensure that the latest drivers are installed on your Windows computer.
- Enable the USB debug option and unlocked OEM usage on your Huawei device. Go to settings > About the device> More about the software> More> Enable developer options by tapping on the device build number about 7 times> now go to Developer Options> enable OEM unlocking & enable USB debugging.
- Be practical with Windows, Linux or a Mac PC with ADB & Fastboot installed on it. You can find out more below.
- Leave your device loaded more than 50% for the process to run seamlessly.
- Keep in mind that unlocking will erase all data on your device. safeguard of your data in advance.
- TWRP does not support touch, so you will need to connect a USB mouse via an OTG cable to use the drag and drop menu.
Rooting your beloved Honor 8X will not honor the warranty, keep this in mind before rooting if you do not want to lose Honor's support. Apart from that, it's risky to flash custom recovery and flash third-party mods. You may trap your device even if you follow the correct instructions. So, perform each activity carefully at your own risk. We are not responsible for any malfunction.
Download files on Root Honor 8X
- TWRP Recovery for Honor 8X – This will download the .img file for you, move it to the 'adb' folder.
- Magisk 17.1 – After unlocking the boot loader, move it to the internal storage of your device.
Unlock the Bootloader of Honor 8X
- Open the adb folder on your PC & launch the command prompt or terminal window by right click.
- Connect your Honor 8x to your PC via the USB cable provided in the box. When the toast appears on your device, simply select "Transfer files" & click trust after this computer.
- Enter the command "adb devices & # 39; and you will see the serial number. of your device.
- Restart your Honor 8X in Fastboot mode by entering the command 'adb reboot bootloader'.
- Now, the time to unlock the boot loader when entering the order "fastboot oem unlock ****** '
[******-c'isthe[******-itisthe[******-c'estle[******–itistheunique code you bought earlier].
- When it's finished, restart your device normally or by entering the command "Quick restart"
- You will see that your device has been formatted and you must configure everything again. Now, activate USB debugging again too.
Flashing TWRP Recovery and Rooting Honor 8X
- Connect the device to the PC & To restart your device in the Fastboot fashion just as before.
- Flash image TWRP to your device with the command "fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk two times-kirin.img '
- Now that you have finished flashing the recovery, simply disconnect your device and completely turn off your phone by holding down the power button for about 3 seconds.
- Start-up your device in the TWRP recovery that you have blinked in the 2nd step. To do this, press the Power button in the same way that you turn on the device and just press the volume up button simultaneously. Leave the power and volume up buttons when the Honor logo appears on the screen. After that you will see the TWRP startup screen.
- To select allow modifications if asked and then click Install on the TWRP main screen.
- To select the zip file downloaded from Magisk & swipe to make it blink.
- When the blinking is complete, simply select Restart the system.
Congratulations! You have now rooted your Honor 8X with TWRP recovery. See you next, Adios!